Brother MFC-J690DW Driver & Software Download for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Mac OS
Please select the appropriate driver for the OS that you will install this printer:
- Brother MFC-J690DW Driver for Windows 10 and 8 (32-bit & 64-bit) – Download (468.31 MB)
- Brother MFC-J690DW Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit) – Download (468.31 MB)
- Brother MFC-J690DW Driver for Windows XP and Vista (32-bit & 64-bit) – Download (468.31 MB)
- Brother MFC-J690DW Driver for Mac OS – Download (28.05 MB)
- Download Brother MFC-J690DW drivers from Brother Website
Brother MFC-J690DW Firmware
- Firmware Update For Windows – H version – Download (3.48 MB, Release Date: 12/20/2018)
- Firmware Update For Mac OS – version – Download (5.03 MB, Release Date: 12/20/2018)
- Download firmware from Brother Website
Brother MFC-J690DW Manual
Brother MFC-J690DW Review
Having a printer is something that can facilitate your work. In addition to printing the documents you need, today’s printers can do many other things such as copying and scanning files. If you are looking for a printer that can do everything, you can choose a Brother MFC-J690DW Printer. The following is a review of the advantages and disadvantages of Brother MFC-J690DW printer that you can read for reference on choosing a printer.
About Brother MFC-J690DW
Brother MFC-J690DW is a beginner level all-in-one (AIO) printer designed for personal, small offices and workgroups. This inkjet printer can perform functions of printing, copying, scanning, and sending faxes. This Brother MFC-JC90DW printer has features and a price similar to the Canon Pixma TR8520 Wireless Home Office All-in-One ($119.99). The MFC-J690DW measures slightly smaller than Pixma TR8520 (6.8 x 15.7 x 13.4 inches) but weighs about the same (18.1 pounds).
Brother MFC-J690DW is typically an inkjet type with a memory capacity of 128MB. This printer is black, and the resources are AC 100 to 120 V 50/60 Hz. The electrical power typically needed by this printer:
- Copying: Estimated. 18 W
- Approximately ready. 3.5 W
- Sleep mode around. 1.2 W
- Power Off: Approx. 0.2 W
Brother MFC-JC90DW uses LCD (Liquid crystal display) TFT Color Touchscreen LCD 2.7 in. (67.5 mm). This printer can print documents with Inkjet Paper (coated paper), Plain Paper, Glossy Paper, and Recycled Paper. The basic connectivity feature consists of Wi-Fi and also connected to one PC via USB. You can also connect this printer with Wi-Fi Direct support.
This feature able to connect your smartphone or tablet directly to a printer without a device or mobile device connected to a network or router. Brother MFC-JC90DW has a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface and can be instantly connected to computers that have a USB 1.1 interface. You can connect the printer to the network for scanning, Printing, PC-Fax Send and receipt, and accessing photos through a network connection.
Advantages of Brother MFC-J690DW Printer
This printer has many advantages that can facilitate your work. Over here are some of these advantages;
- Classified as a Fast printer
Like the MFC-J895DW type, the MFC-J690DW can print 12 pages per minute (ppm) for monochrome pages. For color pages, the printer’s speed is around 10 ppm. As for printing photos, this printer has a speed of 30 seconds per photo. MFC-J690DW is indeed unincluded in the category of photo printers like Pixma TS Canon. However, like an inkjet printer for small or home offices, this printer is also still relatively capable to do the job of printing photos. as an inkjet printer for small or home offices, this printer is also still relatively capable to do the job of printing photos.
- Connected with many cloud applications
MFC-J690DW printer is classified as supporting with various types of applications. Applications that support this printer are; Brother Cloud, Google Drive, Box, OneNote, Evernote, and Dropbox applications.
- Size Is Not Too Big
The size of this printer is around 15.7 inches, so it is suitable for home or small offices. If you are not using it, you can fold the paper tray so that it does not interfere with your desk. This printer is designed to be suitable for compact desk space. Even when printing, the shock is minimal so your work is not interrupted by the printer.
Disadvantages of the Brother MFC-JC90DW
Although the ability of this printer can print at a relatively fast speed, the price is extravagant (in this case, ink) to be used frequently. With high operational costs and reduced paper capacity, this is suitable for offices that have light print and copying needs.
How to Install Brother MFC-J690DW Driver?
You can install the Brother MFC-J690DW printer driver by following the steps below:
- First of all, download the setup file above in accordance with the OS of the computer or laptop that you will install this printer.
- When finished downloading, double click on the setup file to open “Installation Wizard”, then click agree on “Terms and Agreements”, then click “Next” until “Finish” button appears, and click “Finish” button to end installation process.
- After the installation process is complete, you should do a test print to check whether your printer is working properly or not.
- Good luck :).